Santa Clara Store Manager
Job Title: Store Manager
Reports To: President and Vice President
Location and Type: Full-time employment in Santa Clara, CA
Classification: Hourly plus commission, Non-exempt
Job Overview: The store manager is responsible for leading all team members in the efficient operation of the store. He/she is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations, maintaining high store standards and conditions, fostering a positive environment, and to provide friendly service ensuring a positive experience for both our customers and team members. The store manager creates the tone and personality of the store by being an advocate of training, customer service, product knowledge and education, and encouraging safe work practices.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Acquire, teach and utilize in-depth knowledge of TMC products
- Train and motivate team for high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent sales service
- Create/maintain employee schedules
- Track and approve/deny time off requests
- Perform annual employee reviews
- Deal with customer queries and complaints
- Daily review of time sheets and prepare for bi-weekly payroll
- Daily review of “order monitoring”
- Establish and maintain current business partners and potential partner relationships
- Act as an internal sales representative when needed
- Oversee price control and stock control
- Inventory – includes physical stock counts and transfers between stores
- Participate in monthly managers meetings to review sales, customer feedback, associate performance and company growth opportunities.
- Recruiting and interview potential employees that will succeed in the environment of a family-owned business.
- Arrive on time and prepared to perform job functions every shift
- High school degree; college degree in business, marketing or related field is a plus.
- 5-7 years proven sales experience in retail environment
- Fluent in English; bilingual is a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- Computer literate with the ability to learn to utilize the company’s software system
- Self motivated and driven
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license and willing to travel throughout Bay Area
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Ability to deal with stress and difficult situations
- Sit in an office chair up to 6 hours a day and stand for several minutes at a time
- Lift 10 to 20 pounds from floor to desk or top of file cabinet, and carry for a distance of 10 to 40 feet
Fill out an employment application and return it to your store of interest.