Millbrae Delivery Driver
Job Title: Delivery Driver
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
Location and Type: Full-time employment in Millbrae, CA
Classification: Hourly, Non-exempt
Job Overview: As part of our delivery team, you are the face of TMC. Our delivery drivers play an integral role in ensuring excellent customer service and a smooth delivery process to our customers by delivering orders right to a customer’s home or jobsite. Drivers perform both delivery driver and warehouse responsibilities, including preparing the orders and loading the trucks.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manually load and unload products into and out of trucks
- Maintain driver logs and complete pre-trip inspections
- Follow delivery/pickup instructions from manager
- Drive company truck’s in a safe manner and according to an established schedule and route.
- Call customers before arriving with their delivery
- Document all deliveries as required by protocol
- Maintain a clean work environment by cleaning vehicles’ interior, assist in performing vehicle operative checks, and report any vehicle problems
- Responsible for collecting accurate payments when necessary
- Follow all TMC operational procedures and maintain a professional attitude and appearance
- Arrive on time and prepared to perform job functions every shift
- At least 21 years of age with a valid California Commercial Class A driver license
- Must have a driving record in good standing. To be in good standing, driver must present a current DMV printout report with no major violations. All DMV records are subject to evaluation on an annual basis. You will not be qualified for this position if you do not meet or exceed any of the guidelines set by the insurance company.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers and function as part of a team
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather and driving conditions
- English speaking; bilingual preferred
- Familiarity with the area is a plus
- Ability to deal with stress and difficult situations
- Able to consistently lift and carry 50 pounds; occasional lifting up to 100 pounds
- Lifting, pushing, pulling, bending and climbing in and out of the truck
- Climb hills or stairs safely
Fill out an employment application and return it to your store of interest.