Paneled rooms and crown moulding may seem like old hat, but have you ever considered doing moulding and paneling a different way? Thinking outside the box may create a unique look that sets your space apart. Here, we offer suggestions that we hope might spark inspiration.
- Use moulding to showcase paneling. Your paneling becomes the feature when you use thin strips of moulding to add interest and draw focus. You can also strategically panel one part of a wall, and frame it with moulding to make it the center of attention.
- Create a paneled pattern. Anyone can panel a room vertically or horizontally, but did you ever consider a herringbone wall? Placing paneling in unexpected patterns can create a focal point that’s a real conversation starter.
- Take it to the top. Paneling on the ceiling? Wood-lined ceilings are making a stir, because they add visual interest and create depth.
- Go above to mimic what’s below. A patterned area of floor can be mirrored in moulding on the ceiling to create a bold look.
- Simple ceilings can be stunning, too. Just using moulding to frame a light fixture or highlight beams can make your ceiling a showstopper.
- The layered look is always in. Consider this: wainscoting topped with a chair rail, with an interesting second strip of moulding layered above that, and a simpler piece of moulding at the ceiling. This kind of look keeps your wall interesting from top to bottom.
If you’re ready to start looking for paneling and moulding, The Moulding Co. should be your first stop. At The Moulding Company, we have a knowledgeable design staff and nearly half a century of experience to back us up. We’ve got thousands of designs available, but also offer custom milling for a truly unique look. Visit one of our three showrooms in the San Francisco Bay Area to check out our large selection of paneling, moulding, and more, learn more about us through our website, or call us today at (925) 798-7525 for a free quote on your upcoming project!